The winter months are a great time to join the Club, whether you are an experienced triathlete, are new to endurance sports and multisport, or just got up off of the couch!
- All memberships run through the calendar year, so by joining now (2015 membership is now open), you maximize your Club benefits for the year.
- Icy Iron Challenge! The Club’s December-through-February winter training challenge for fabulous prizes (cleverly disguised as sponsor gift cards. In fact, they ARE sponsor gift cards!) This will be accompanied by Club get-togethers to get on those cycling trainers.
- Join by the end of the year and you can participate in Club sponsor Big Shark Bicycle Company’s end of year Big Bicycle Buy! Huge discounts not only on bicycles but wheels, tires, accessories, clothing, wetsuits, cycling shoes, bike computers and GPS watches, and all sorts of triathlon gear. The items on the list are based on inputs from Club members, triathletes like yourself.
- Curious about triathlon swimming? All three of our sponsor coaches will be giving pointers on successive Sunday mornings in December: TriSmart on Dec 7 about proper warmup and making open turns in the pool; Evolve Coaching Systems on Dec 14 on practicing open water swimming while in the pool; and IronBrick Training on Dec 21 on approaches to the various types of triathlon swim start. (Update: The series has been expanded to include Jan 11, Jan 18, Jan 25, and Feb 1.) Sound too complex because you are new to the sport? Come and listen anyway and get answers to questions you haven’t come up with yet, and meet fellow Club members in the process!
- The first Club regular membership meeting of the year is the third Wednesday in January, our traditional kickoff for the upcoming season.
Also, you will find a lot of Club members at two new training opportunities being put on by two of our sponsor coaches: IronBrick Cycling/Fitness Combo Workouts on Sunday mornings starting in December and Evolve Systems Trainer Brick Sessions on Saturday mornings starting in January.