Sunday, January 23rd, 2022 @ 8:00 am
@ Spanish Lake County Park
Same great course and venue as our last race in 2020! There is still a great chance to have your buns frozen! Join the Saint Louis Triathlon Club race for the 15th Annual Frozen Buns Run. Start off the year right and set some great targets for your 2022 running goals… or aim for a new 5k PR! Back by popular demand, the penguins will still be there for you to run with.
If you’re looking for a longer race distance or a longer challenge, Big Shark’s Nippy Niner and Nine K Trail race follows our race at the same start location beginning at 9am.
TEN REASONS TO RUN THE 2022 FROZEN BUNS RUN
- A fresh, fast and scenic course around Spanish Lake.
- No traffic!
- Great price… register early
- Professionally timed race, USATF sanctioned, with aid stations and plenty of convenient parking
- Awards for top 3 overall and age group
- Cool SWAG! Your choice of insulated drink cooler or racebelt/fanny pack (while supplies last) and Guaranteed for our first 120 registrants…everyone will get a cool swag item, but options may deplete as the race fills up.
- Bring your family and friends and stay for a hike around the park!
- Run with and get your picture taken with the penguins
- Start the New Year off right—resolve to be challenged, enjoy the outdoors and join other like-minded people for a great time!
- Longer options. Looking for a challenge? The Nippy Niner 9 Mile and 9K Trail run will be held after the 5K @ 9:00am
- Before January 1: $30
- After January 1: $35
- Sunday, January 23rd, Race Day: $40
- Discount available for Club members registering online
Volunteers are needed for the Frozen Buns and Nippy Niner/9k! Click here to volunteer.
- Date:Sunday, January 23, 2022
- Time:8:00 AM
- Location:Spanish Lake County Park
- Pre-Race Day Packet Pick Up: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Saturday, January 22th at Big Shark Bicycle Company, Big Bend Location
- Packet Pick Up/Race Day Registration:6:30 AM – 8:00 AM at Spanish Lake County Park
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be needing volunteers! Check back for volunteer information soon.
Race and Weather Updates
Spanish Lake County Park, 12500 Spanish Pond Rd, St. Louis, MO 63138
Directions: From Highway 270, take the Bellefontaine Road exit north. Turn right on Spanish Pond Road and follow to the first park entrance. Parking will be in the park. Registration will be visible from the Entry near Spanish Lake and the trail.