910xt Sync Error to GarminConnect

St. Louis Triathlon Club Forums General Club Information General Questions 910xt Sync Error to GarminConnect

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Scott
      Participant

I went to sync my 910xt and got an error in the middle of the sync. The workout is on the watch history. Should I manually enter it? I tested another quick workout and synced fine. I have attempted to sync again and it will not transfer. Trying to avoid duplicated data down the road if it will sync down the road and/or how to get the workout in Garminconnect.

Bill Sanders
      Keymaster

What does “enter it manually” mean?

I’ve had that happen sporadically. Ot eventually gets up OK. You don’t get lots of duplicate files up there in Garmin Connect or anything like that.

Sometimes I open the Garmin Express app to watch it while it is trying to upload.

Scott
      Participant

Within Garmin Connect there is a spot to manually add it. But it doesn’t seem to work on any device I try. So, I will let it be. I think I may have hit Garmin Connect at a time when a bunch of people were using it. It was running really slow. Just manually updated training peaks since.

Irwin
      Keymaster

Which version of Garmin Connect are you using? Classic or modern? You might try switching to the other version if you can’t do it in one.

Looks like there were server issues yesterday (1/4/15) that screwed up or prevented syncs for many users. Lots of threads on the Garmin forums about it.

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?184660-Data-not-being-displayed-after-successful-upload

Scott
      Participant

I am using the modern. So sounds like it will eventually sync. My morning run synced fine, but noticed it was slow. In the afternoon the swim was the issue around 5PM CST. So Garmin servers are kinda like the pool is around the new year. Last week the pool was just me. This week sharing a lane. I may try classic if it doesn’t sync. I noticed issues syncing to other apps yesterday including Myfitnesspal. I think everyone was experiencing server overload yesterday.

Scott
      Participant

Looks like Garmin is working on the issue, because I get a message now within Garmin Connect acknowledging the issue and they are working on it.

Elena
      Participant

I have been trying to upload/sync my Garmin 910XT workouts for the last couple weeks to no avail. I have tried everything I can think of! updates, restarts, deletes, different computers….etc etc etc.
      Next thing I am trying is throwing the ANT device out the window! lol

Can anyone talk me off the cliff? I went to call customer support (which I have heard is very helpful), but I can’t during the work day hours which it appears are the hours for customer support too.

Scott
      Participant

Elena – I was having issues with my PC syncing and a guy I run with is as well after the last windows update. I ended up trying my watch at work with the Ant device and it worked fine. My computer at work is a Mac. I think somehow the latest windows update somehow has created issues, possibly with older computers. Friends computer is older as well. So, I can only sync at work. Annoying. My laptop at home is older. So not sure if that was the issue. I was having issues after bike rides with workouts syncing. With my mac it is all working. So I am not sure if the sync process uses a lot of horsepower. I noticed on PC the computer would say Garmin Express is not responding.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.