Date(s) - 03/21/2020
7:45 am - 9:15 am
We’re all social distancing (or should be!), but that doesn’t mean we can’t all ride together virtually. Join us for our first Zwift Tri Club Meetup Group Ride.
Things you will need:
- Zwift account
- Compatible trainer (smart or dumb)
- Zwift Companion App
What you need to do:
- If you don’t already have the Zwift Companion App, go download it from here. IOS – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zwift-mobile-link/id934083691 or Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zwift.android.prod.
- From your companion app, follow me (Irwin Tani). I can only invite people from my followers list to the Meetup.
- If you expressed interest in joining on FB, you don’t need to RSVP here, although you still can if you want. I will be sending invites out to everyone who is RSVP’d here or who responded to the thread on our Facebook group. Note: If your Zwift name is completely different from either Facebook or what you RSVP’d here, just give me a heads up.
- Once you receive the invite (this will show up on the home page of the app), accept it. This will sync to the game and will give you reminders on your app. If you have any issues, visit this page for how this all works (including screenshots of the companion app). https://zwift.com/news/19189-zwift-how-to-ride-with-friends
- Log in to Zwift a couple of minutes early to get yourself settled and ready to ride with the group. You won’t be herded into the starting location until about 5 minutes before go time.
- Don’t be late. If you are late, it won’t let you join, even if you said you were going.
- Once the ride starts, as long as you keep pedaling, you will stay with the group. I will enable the setting that keeps everyone together, so ride at your own pace and we’ll let Zwift do the calculations to keep us all together. There should also be a visible view of who’s in the group in the nearby riders list.
- The ride is set at 90 minutes. You don’t have to ride for the full 90 minutes. If you only want to ride the first 30 minutes or 60 minutes, just stop pedaling whenever you are done and there should be a way for you to save your ride and exit Zwift. However, you will need to join at the appointed start time to ride with the group. If you want to ride longer than 90 minutes, you can keep going after it’s done or sandwich some riding before or after the meetup.
- During the ride, if you want to send messages to the group, you can do so through the companion app.
- If you want to do a Zwift workout during the ride, be sure and select one during the time you’re waiting in the starting area. More info here if you want to do that option. https://zwiftinsider.com/zwift-meetup-group-workouts/ This ride will just be a no-drop ride. If there’s interest for future rides to do a group workout, we can try that as well.
- 90 minutes (but you can ride shorter if you want)
- World: Watopia
- Route: Out and Back Again, 24.8 miles, 997′ vertical gain
Bookings are for St. Louis Tri Club members only, please login to RSVP.