Date(s) - 04/12/2020
8:30 am - 10:00 am
Things you will need:
- Zwift account
- Compatible trainer (smart or dumb)
- Zwift Companion App
Watch this video if you are new to Zwift and/or Meetups to get a feel for what you should be seeing onscreen (jump to the 3:08 mark roughly if you want to skip past how to create a meetup): https://youtu.be/SJvt_as3W0Q
What you need to do:
- If you don’t already have the Zwift Companion App, go download it from here. IOS – https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zwift-mobile-link/id934083691 or Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zwift.android.prod.
- From your companion app, if you don’t already, follow the ride leader. The ride leader can only invite people from their followers list to the Meetup.
- If you expressed interest in joining on FB, you don’t need to RSVP here, although you still can if you want. The ride leader will be sending invites out to everyone who is RSVP’d here or who responded to the thread on our Facebook group. Note: If your Zwift name is completely different from either Facebook or what you RSVP’d here, give the ride leader a heads up.
- Once you receive the invite (this will show up on the home page of the app), accept it. This will sync to the game and will give you reminders on your app. If you have any issues, visit this page for how this all works (including screenshots of the companion app). https://zwift.com/news/19189-zwift-how-to-ride-with-friends
- Log in to Zwift a couple of minutes early to get yourself settled and ready to ride with the group. Once you start your ride, you won’t see the Join Meetup button until about 5 minutes before go time.
- Don’t be late. If you are late, it won’t let you join, even if you said you were going.
- Once the ride starts, as long as you keep pedaling, you will stay with the group. The setting that keeps everyone together will be enabled, so ride at your own pace and we’ll let Zwift do the calculations to keep us all together. There should also be a visible view of who’s in the group in the nearby riders list. Riders in your group will be highlighted in green.
- The ride will be for either a set distance or duration as decided by the ride leader. You don’t have to ride for the full distance or duration. If you want to drop out early, just stop pedaling and you will detach from the group after a short time. If you want to ride longer, you can keep pedaling after the meetup’s distance or duration is complete, or you can sandwich some riding time before and/or after the meetup.
- During the ride, if you want to send messages to the group, you can do so through the companion app.
- If you want to audio chat during the ride, follow this link to the Discord server and pick the correct voice channel. https://discord.gg/AApHvSZ
- If you want to do a Zwift workout during the ride, be sure and select one during the time you’re waiting in the starting area. More info here if you want to do that option. https://zwiftinsider.com/zwift-meetup-group-workouts/ This ride will just be a no-drop ride. If there’s interest for future rides to do a group workout, we can try that as well.
- World: London
- Route: Triple Loops
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Ride Leader: Irwin Tani
- Discord Voice Channel: Weekend
Bookings are for St. Louis Tri Club members only, please login to RSVP.