Date(s) - 02/28/2018
6:30 pm - 8:45 pm
Big Shark West
Join us on Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Injury Screenings and Refreshments at 6:30 pm
Meeting starts at 7:00 pm
Big Shark West
17233 Chesterfield Airport Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005
- 6:30: Free Injury Screenings – clinicians will conduct free screenings and answer your injury questions.
- 7:00: Meeting Begins – We are piloting a new meeting format, with a short meeting to share club and race information. Then, you have the opportunity to attend two breakout/activity sessions. The first breakout session is from 7:30 to 8:05 and the second breakout session is from 8:15 to 8:45 pm.
Breakout Sessions (You can choose 2 sessions)
- Power Up Cycling Session – Power Up is Big Shark’s indoor cycling training facility, which uses Compu-trainer technology. Bring your cycle and bike shoes and learn how Power Up training can improve your power, technique and skill. Note: There is a limit of 10 cyclists for each session. Reserve your space by emailing Jessica Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put Power Up Registration in subject line.
- Ask a Triathlete – three club members with varying years of experience will answer your questions about equipment, changing distances, selecting races, traveling to races and balancing training with personal and professional commitments.
- Bike Mechanics 101 – Big Shark’s mechanics will discuss general bike checks that are necessary when you venture outside after a winter of cycling indoors.
- Number 1 Reason for Poor Performance – The doctors from Precision Health Group, a club sponsor, will explain what inhibits your performance and how it can be improved.
- 8:45: Adjourn and have a beer at Rock & Brews (across the street)
This meeting, as well as all others, is open to current and prospective members.
Bookings are for St. Louis Tri Club members only, please login to RSVP.