Important Notice – Event has been cancelled for 2017 due to weather conditions. Read on:
- Although our penguins are awesome, they do not control the weather, but do worry about everyone’s safety.
- You may pick up your SWAG at one of these locations
- Big Shark on Big Bend Monday-Friday Jan 16-20
- St Louis Triathlon Club meeting on Wednesday, January 18
- The SWAG is really excellent stuff, including some decent coupons, so you DO want to pick it up.
- Most importantly: Your entry will be honored at one of the following races of your choosing: the Run for the Chocolate on February 11, the Nippy Niner on January 29, or the Honduran Street Party on March 25. The Club will send details out to FBR registered runners via email this week.
- More information as it becomes available.
|STL Tri Club Member up to 1/7/2017||$25||$30|
|Prior FBR race participant up to 11/30/2016||$25||$30|
|Beat the Freeze promo
(until temperature is recorded on or below 32°)
|On or before 11/20/2016||$35||$40|
|On or before 12/31/2016||$40||$45|
|On or before 1/7/2017||$45||$50|
Join the Saint Louis Triathlon Club on January 14th, 2017 for the 12th Annual Frozen Buns Run. We encourage you to come on out and meet or exceed your new 2017 running goals or aim for a new 5k or 10k PR! Bring the whole family along as race morning coincides with the annual Loop Ice Festival to support local businesses. This race is regarded for its awesome finish line party with loads of snacks, music and an awards ceremony at Blueberry Hill. And how often do you get a chance to run alongside a penguin?
Saturday, January 14th, 2017 @ 10:00 am
@ Blueberry Hill in The Loop
A little history…
2007: The inaugural year of the Frozen Buns Run. The Saint Louis Triathlon Club was approached by University City and asked to coordinate a 5K race to coincide with the City’s new Ice Carnival. Attendance was about 40-50 runners and timing was done with a stopwatch.
2008: The STL Tri Club teamed up with Big River Running for race timing and results. Attendance was also about 50 runners.
2009: The first year of having dedicated race directors and the race became better organized and promoted, successfully attracting 200 runners on race day!
2010: A 10K route was added modeled after the UC Library Memorial Day run. The race was capped at 400 runners (evenly split) and capacity was reached by race morning.
2011: 375 runners and BRR moved to chip timing.
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015: Over 500 people register for the race each year. The finish line party and awards ceremony were improved to include plentiful snacks and refreshments as well as finisher awards and giveaways.
As before, we’ll offer both 5K and 10K races.
- Date: Saturday, January 14, 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM
- Location: Delmar Loop
- Packet Pick Up/Race Day Registration: 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM at Blueberry Hill in The Loop
- Pre-Race Day Packet Pick Up: Thursday, January 12 4-7pm at Big Shark Big Bend; Friday, January 13 10am-7pm at Big River Running University City
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We need volunteers! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Awards will be given to the top 3 in each age group and will be held in the Duck Room at Blueberry Hill. 5k awards will be announced at 11:00 am and 10k awards will be announced at 11:30 am.
Race Route Maps
Both start on Delmar in front of Blueberry Hill in University City and end on Kingsland near the University City Library.
Street parking is also available throughout The Loop area. Check for any parking restrictions/meters on each street. Parking will not be allowed on the southbound side of Kingsland Ave.
There will be no refunds under any circumstances. This policy will be strictly adhered to for fairness to all. There may be a location for awards and SWAG to be picked up after the race but nothing will be mailed.