2016-2017 Round 2 Icy Iron

St. Louis Triathlon Club Forums Club Events Icy Iron 2016-2017 Round 2 Icy Iron

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

This will be the forum thread for Round 2 Icy Iron updates.

Week 1 of Round 2 has been posted, same Google sheet as before but on a new tab.

Nobody has yet finished their chosen race.

Five people have finished a 1X swim, and one person has finished a 2X swim.
      Emily J 1X
      Jessica P 1X
      Liz B 1X
      Michael B 1X
      Peggy S 1X
      Rachel S 2X

And, of course, Michael D has already completed 237% of his 1X run. Michael, if you want to switch over to a 2X race, just let me know.

Corrections or email updates on distances can be sent to bennett.michael.j@gmail.com.

Week 2 results have been posted.

Tori H had a heck of a week. 5.8 miles in the pool, 123.85 miles on the bike, and 41 miles of running. That makes her our first Round 2 finisher on a 1X race.

Week 3 results have been posted.

1X finishers are:
      Dale C
      Jessica P
      Karen P
      Michael D
      Tori H.

2X finishers are:
      John S
      Rachel S.

Top Swimmer so far is Rachel S, logging over 17 miles in three weeks. She is also the Top Biker at 261 miles. John Z has earned the Top Runner spot at this point, logging 125.4 miles in the same three week stretch.

Gift certificate awards for Round 1 will be presented at the meeting on Feb 15th.

Michael J Bennett

Week 4 results have been posted.

1X finishers are:
      Dale C
      Jessica P
      Karen P
      Michael D
      Tori H

2X finishers are:
      John S
      Rachel S
      Scott K

Rachel S is still the top swimmer at over 17 miles. Top biker is Karen P, with 334.6 miles. Mike D is still on top of the run, but now he’s up to 181 miles. (I think he’s training for something….)

Michael J Bennett

Week 5 totals have been posted to the website. You have one last week to get finished. I’ll update the totals board a couple of times between now and Monday, March 6th.

Mike D noticed that some of his epic miles were double-posted. I’ve tried to clean things up, but if you think you’re been overstated, send me an email. I’ll pull all your records for Round 2 and you can look them over, then identify for me which lines should be removed if any.

1X finishers:
      Bob E
      Dale C
      Emily J
      Jessica P
      Justin F
      Karen P
      Liz B
      Marian H
      Michael D
      Peggy S
      Tori H

2X finishers:
      Jennifer M
      John S
      John Z
      Rachel S
      Scott H
      Scott K

Top Swim: Rachel S, with 26.66 miles. The English Channel is only 21 miles.
      Top Run: Rachel S, with 441 miles. Saint Louis to Wichita KS is 441 miles.
      Top Run: John S, with 160.5 miles. Saint Louis to Terre Haute is 160 miles.

Anyway, get those miles finished up.

Michael

An intermediate update has been posted for the final week of Round 2. I’ve also posted email corrections and submissions I’ve received.

Lots of people are really close. For example, Teresa needs 0.1 miles on the bike, Ryan needs 0.4 miles running, I need 1.2 miles running, and Dave needs 16 miles on the bike. Check your numbers and get some time in tonight and tomorrow. Activity locks down Saturday, March 4th at 11:59 PM, and I’ll allow everyone until 10:00 PM on March 6th to get numbers submitted or emailed to me.

Michael J Bennett

Scott
      Participant

I have enjoyed the updates. Thanks for all the updates!

Peter Gonzalez
      Participant

Mike, thank you for posting these results.

-Peter G

Final updates for Icy Iron Round 2 have been published. Congratulations to all of our finishers! It was rough work, but we got it done.

1X finishers are:
      Bob E
      Breanna B
      Dale C
      Emily J
      Gina G
      Jessica P
      Justin F
      Karen P
      Liz B
      Marian H
      Michael B
      Michael D
      Peggy S
      Suzie E
      Tori H

And our amazing 2X finishers:
      Dave D
      Jaime M
      Jennifer M
      John S
      John Z
      Rachel S
      Ryan E
      Scott H
      Scott K
      Shone S
      Teresa J

Our top swimmer was Rachel S, putting in 26.66 miles. That’s a marathon plus an extra half mile just for good measure. She was also our top biker, putting in an impressive 441 miles.
      Top runner was John Z, pounding out 189.2 miles. That’s the distance from Saint Louis to Champaign, IL.

Combined distances, Round 2 for the entire club were 258 miles swimming, 6,375 miles biking, and 2,294 miles running.
      Combined distances, Round 1 for the entire club were 263 miles swimming, 6,994 miles biking, and 2,107 miles running.

Total for both rounds was 521 miles swimming, 12,269 miles biking, and 4,401 miles running. The total swim would get us from Saint Louis MO to Berlin Ohio. The bike distance would be equivalent to riding from Saint Louis to the South Pole, then traveling to Beijing China. The running distance is the same as traveling from Saint Louis to Brussels, Belgium.

Folks, that is a lot of water, a lot of bike tires, and a quite a few shoes. Best of all, it means we are in better shape to hit the triathlon season this year. Well done!

Prizes will be awarded at the next meeting.

Michael J Bennett

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.